Understanding that your office administrator is your key staff member, and this person is the one that not only helps you make more money, but also frees up your time so you actually have a life, as well. What is their role, how do you utilize them, what should they cost you?
Role of your OA – Office Administrator / Office Assistant:
They are your RIGHT HAND. They are the HEART AND SOUL of your office. They will hear about the problems before you ever will and can help prevent blow ups in the office.
Know that titles are important. It makes them feel good. Transaction Manager, Transaction Coordinator, titles like these encourage acceptance and respect of their authority from the agents. Know that real estate agents won’t respect a SECRETARY. Give this person a title of AUTHORITY. This is modern real estate office management.
- Bookkeeping – typically simple for the brokerage.
- Opening the mail – that’s an hour a day easily – that’s one or two deals or time away from building your business.
- No signing authority – they can prepare for your signature.
- Quickbooks for the office. Great skill for them to learn to save everyone time.
- File compliance. How big is your highlighter budget?
- Get a paperless system for your office. Paper costs more than you think.
- Call coordinator – this should be a part time job.
- Keeping track of agent licenses
- Auditing, checking files.
Think of all the hours you just got back.
This video also covers pay, bonus recommendations, get them involved in the business.
Do you have additional questions on this topic or want us to start a new discussion for FREE Broker School? Join the #freebrokerschool conversation – Leave your comments right here on our blog and continue the conversation. We want you to have any real estate tools you need at your disposal.
FREE BROKER SCHOOL – “Everything you need to know, but no one else will ever teach you!”
Free Broker School and RIO Genesis are part of RIO Genesis Software Solutions, the industry’s premier Real Estate Brokerage Software.
FreeBrokerSchool.com is a resource to give brokers the advantage in running their offices. Hey – they know how to sell properties well, but they don’t always know all of the ins and outs of running a successful real estate brokerage. These videos are designed to give you the inside scoop from industry leader and success tornado, Mike Krein. You can’t take notes fast enough when he starts giving tips. These videos allow you to watch one nugget topic at a time, digest it and implement it to add to your success.
Subscribe to ALL episodes that will include the PDF presentations, as well. It’s free. It’s https://freebrokerschool.com
Learn more about RIOGenesis Software.