This is exactly what is sounds like – just keep right on going on the assumption they are going to buy, list, or whatever it is you are trying to accomplish.
Assumptive closes work better than most people think – most people are simply too scared to use them.
Side note – this applies to everything in real estate but in particular to assumptive closes. Your goal is not to be liked – it is to be rich, so stop worrying about offending people. Also, you only have to be nice to someone who is actually going to pay you! (actually Buy, actually List, etc.) Other than that you don’t owe them anything. Pushy people tend to get what they want. We all know one – ever notice they tend to make a lot of money?
Assumptive closes are never bad, and there is almost never a bad time to use them. You will either get “compliance” (a yes) or a “No” in the form of an objection – either way you win because you now have found the objection and can use that to close on. This is very similar to an alternative of choice close because either way you win.
This series includes all of these closes:
- Alternative of Choice – The first close everyone should learn. Also known as “the appointment setting close.”
- Tie Down – Set your client up for a “yes” answer.
- Porcupine – Turn a negative around using this technique, get to the bottom of any objection your client may have, and get past it to the close.
- Questions are the Answer – aka “in your opinion…” – A twist on uncovering the reason behind an objection. If you’re asking the questions, you’re in control.
- Trial Balloon – Go from closings being a weakness in your business game to a strength with this tried-and-true method.
- Sharp Angle aka Trade-off – The Sharp Angle close isn’t always the best for real estate, but keep it in your back pocket – you never know.
- Direct Order – Tell the buyer or seller what you want them to do. Psst – here’s where confidence is your biggest asset.
- Hat in Hand – aka “Level with me” – Shelve your ego for a bit and humble yourself. It can go a long way toward that close.
- Jump Shift/Change Topic – This one requires some finesse, but with practice it can be highly effective.
- Assumptive – Just keep right on going on the assumption that they are going to do whatever it is you are trying to accomplish.
- Defer and forget – aka “Let me make a note of that.” – Basically, “Let’s not talk about that just now.”
- Just ask already! – Get over your shyness. Ask for the order, ask for their business, ask for their trust!
- Ben Franklin – This one CAN work, but it’s best on analytic thinkers. Help them weigh out the pros and cons
- Last Resort – Only after you have nothing to lose….”What the ___ do you want from me?”
- The most important close of all: “No, but I can get it.”
Do you have additional questions on this topic or want us to start a new discussion for FREE Broker School? Join the #freebrokerschool conversation – Leave your comments right here on our blog and continue the conversation. We want you to have any real estate tools you need at your disposal.
FREE BROKER SCHOOL – “Everything you need to know, but no one else will ever teach you!”
Free Broker School and RIO Genesis are part of RIO Genesis Software Solutions, the industry’s premier Real Estate Brokerage Software.
FreeBrokerSchool.com is a resource to give brokers the advantage in running their offices. Hey – they know how to sell properties well, but they don’t always know all of the ins and outs of running a successful real estate brokerage. These videos are designed to give you the inside scoop from industry leader and success tornado, Mike Krein. You can’t take notes fast enough when he starts giving tips. These videos allow you to watch one nugget topic at a time, digest it and implement it to add to your success.
Subscribe to ALL episodes that will include the PDF presentations, as well. It’s free. It’s https://freebrokerschool.com
Learn more about RIOGenesis Software.