The MOST important close of all and should be taught first to ALL agents, sales people AND customer service representatives.
“No, but I can get it.”
This is the absolute basic with telephone and email technique. This is the ticket to call conversion: get the appointment, get the customer in front of you, GET THE SALE. When a buyer or seller calls in, they are looking for information. If you give them the information, they have no further reason to talk to you. This is the most important thing to understand. In any conversation, someone is getting closed – and if you don’t get the appointment, guess what? They closed YOU.
Mike spends a lot of time with you on this one, making sure you understand it inside and out. He runs down several scenarios and touches on some of the other closing techniques you can piggy back with this one, such as Porcupine and Alternative of Choice. There’s a reason why Mike calls this the most important close of all. Don’t miss this episode!
In this series, Mike Krein covers:
- Alternative of Choice – The first close everyone should learn. Also known as “the appointment setting close.”
- Tie Down – Set your client up for a “yes” answer.
- Porcupine – Turn a negative around using this technique, get to the bottom of any objection your client may have, and get past it to the close.
- Questions are the Answer – aka “in your opinion…” – A twist on uncovering the reason behind an objection. If you’re asking the questions, you’re in control.
- Trial Balloon – Go from closings being a weakness in your business game to a strength with this tried-and-true method.
- Sharp Angle aka Trade-off – The Sharp Angle close isn’t always the best for real estate, but keep it in your back pocket – you never know.
- Direct Order – Tell the buyer or seller what you want them to do. Psst – here’s where confidence is your biggest asset.
- Hat in Hand – aka “Level with me” – Shelve your ego for a bit and humble yourself. It can go a long way toward that close.
- Jump Shift/Change Topic – This one requires some finesse, but with practice it can be highly effective.
- Assumptive – Just keep right on going on the assumption that they are going to do whatever it is you are trying to accomplish.
- Defer and forget – aka “Let me make a note of that.” – Basically, “Let’s not talk about that just now.”
- Just ask already! – Get over your shyness. Ask for the order, ask for their business, ask for their trust!
- Ben Franklin – This one CAN work, but it’s best on analytic thinkers. Help them weigh out the pros and cons
- Last Resort – Only after you have nothing to lose….”What the ___ do you want from me?”
- The most important close of all: “No, but I can get it.”
Do you have additional questions on this topic or want us to start a new discussion for FREE Broker School? Join the #freebrokerschool conversation – Leave your comments right here on our blog and continue the conversation. We want you to have any real estate tools you need at your disposal.
FREE BROKER SCHOOL – “Everything you need to know, but no one else will ever teach you!”
Free Broker School and RIO Genesis are part of RIO Genesis Software Solutions, the industry’s premier Real Estate Brokerage Software.
FreeBrokerSchool.com is a resource to give brokers the advantage in running their offices. Hey – they know how to sell properties well, but they don’t always know all of the ins and outs of running a successful real estate brokerage. These videos are designed to give you the inside scoop from industry leader and success tornado, Mike Krein. You can’t take notes fast enough when he starts giving tips. These videos allow you to watch one nugget topic at a time, digest it and implement it to add to your success.
Subscribe to ALL episodes that will include the PDF presentations, as well. It’s free. It’s https://freebrokerschool.com
Learn more about RIOGenesis Software.