Sales Closing Series: Trial Balloon
Not to be confused with “Trial Close,” this type of close is deployed when you are trying to gauge if the client is ready to close. Timing is everything with closing – it’s not only knowing how to close, but when and if to close. This technique can also help you determine the type of close you can use to finish the job. Let Mike Krein walk you through this type to take you from a weaker closer to a stronger one.
Don’t miss the downloadable PowerPoint .PDF attached to this lesson at the bottom of the page to help guide you along. Time to close those deals!
This series includes all of these closes:
- Alternative of Choice – The first close everyone should learn. Also known as “the appointment setting close.”
- Tie Down – Set your client up for a “yes” answer.
- Porcupine – Turn a negative around using this technique, get to the bottom of any objection your client may have, and get past it to the close.
- Questions are the Answer – aka “in your opinion…” – A twist on uncovering the reason behind an objection. If you’re asking the questions, you’re in control.
- Trial Balloon – Go from closings being a weakness in your business game to a strength with this tried-and-true method.
- Sharp Angle aka Trade-off – The Sharp Angle close isn’t always the best for real estate, but keep it in your back pocket – you never know.
- Direct Order – Tell the buyer or seller what you want them to do. Psst – here’s where confidence is your biggest asset.
- Hat in Hand – aka “Level with me” – Shelve your ego for a bit and humble yourself. It can go a long way toward that close.
- Jump Shift/Change Topic – This one requires some finesse, but with practice it can be highly effective.
- Assumptive – Just keep right on going on the assumption that they are going to do whatever it is you are trying to accomplish.
- Defer and forget – aka “Let me make a note of that.” – Basically, “Let’s not talk about that just now.”
- Just ask already! – Get over your shyness. Ask for the order, ask for their business, ask for their trust!
- Ben Franklin – This one CAN work, but it’s best on analytic thinkers. Help them weigh out the pros and cons
- Last Resort – Only after you have nothing to lose….”What the ___ do you want from me?”
- The most important close of all: “No, but I can get it.”
Do you have additional questions on this topic or want us to start a new discussion for FREE Broker School? Join the #freebrokerschool conversation – Leave your comments right here on our blog and continue the conversation. We want you to have any real estate tools you need at your disposal.
FREE BROKER SCHOOL – “Everything you need to know, but no one else will ever teach you!”
Free Broker School and RIO Genesis are part of RIO Genesis Software Solutions, the industry’s premier Real Estate Brokerage Software.
FreeBrokerSchool.com is a resource to give brokers the advantage in running their offices. Hey – they know how to sell properties well, but they don’t always know all of the ins and outs of running a successful real estate brokerage. These videos are designed to give you the inside scoop from industry leader and success tornado, Mike Krein. You can’t take notes fast enough when he starts giving tips. These videos allow you to watch one nugget topic at a time, digest it and implement it to add to your success.
Subscribe to ALL episodes that will include the PDF presentations, as well. It’s free. It’s https://freebrokerschool.com
Learn more about RIOGenesis Software.